The Responsible Flushing Alliance is an independent, nonprofit trade association committed to educating consumers about responsible and smart flushing habits to help reduce damage to our nation’s sewage systems.
- Albaad Inc.
- ANDRITZ Group – Nonwoven Division
- California Association of Sanitation Agencies (CASA)
- The Center for Baby & Adult Hygiene Products (BAHP)
- Dukal, LLC.
- DUDE Products
- First Quality
- Johnson & Johnson
- H20 Global News
- Kelheim Fibres GmbH
- National Stewardship Action Council (NSAC)
- National Association of Clean Water Agencies (NACWA)
- Nehemiah Manufacturing
- Nice-Pak and PDI
- Papel Aralar S.A.
- Procter & Gamble
- Rockline Industries
- Sellars Nonwovens
- Spartan Chemical
- Suominen Corporation
- Toilet Board Coalition
- Clear and prominent labeling of non-flushable items and the adoption of smart flushing habits are key to solving the problem of sewage clogs. By providing education and resources to government agencies, wastewater groups, sanitation agencies, and other stakeholder groups, together we can arm consumers with the information they need to make smart flushing decisions.
- Changes to flushing behaviors will free up consumer tax dollars and city resources that are now used to repair wastewater systems damaged by clogs.
- Thus, this website is intended to provide factual information and data on the issue to counter the high level of misinformation communicated in the media.
Our mission is to contribute to real solutions from problems caused by inappropriately flushed products by working collaboratively with the wipes supply chain and the wastewater scientific, engineering and operating entities to better understand and evaluate the scope, contents and impacts of flushed items on wastewater infrastructure.
We want to help spread knowledge regarding proper disposal practices of all disposable wipe products through prominent, on-package display of the “Do Not Flush” symbol, adherence to the Code of Practice for proper wipes labeling, and messaging to the public that “The Toilet is Not a Trashcan.”
For press inquiries, please contact
For all other inquiries, please contact
Our Address:Martin Luther King Jr. Way
Seattle, WA 98122